Another sunday recipe today for you guys and I’ve chosen another one of my mums. She originally got in from my gran so it’s a family recipe. It’s also fairly healthy using half fat creme fraiche and semi skimmed milk instead of cream.
Serves: 3-4 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25 mins ProPoints: 9
400g pork fillet
150g reduced fat creme fraiche
190ml semi skimmed milk
1-2 tbsp paprika
5-6 tbsp plain flour
1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
1. Put 4-5tbsp flour in a tray depending on how many slices of fillet you have. Add the paprika to the flour and mix well.
2. Cut the fillet into medallions and coat them in the paprika flour mix.
3. Seal the meat in a frying pan and put on a plate and keep warm in the oven on a low heat.
4. In the same pan add the butter and let it melt, then add 1tbsp flour and cook for a minute.
5. Add the milk and creme fraiche to the pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
6. Add the stock cube and season to taste.
7. Return the pork to the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
This can be served with rice, new potatoes or my favourite- roast veg pasta.