1. Barry M Gelly Nails in Rosehip
2. Essie Mint Candy Apple
3. Maybelline Colour Show in Lavender Lies
4. Barry M Gelly Nails in Huckleberry
5. Essie Sunday Funday
Spring has sprung, and we’re moving away from the dark vampy nails we’ve been sporting all winter. I’m personally a little sad as I love a deep burgundy or midnight blue gracing my nails, but equally there’s something about pastels and bright nails that just make me dreamily think of freshly cut grass and picnics in the sun. Anyone else?
Anyway I had a root around in my nail polish stash and I found 5 spring polishes to share with you all. They’re all drugstore and super affordable and all perfect to be wearing up to September!
1. Barry M Gelly Nails in Rosehip is a very recent addition to my stash as I couldn’t resist picking it up and I couldn’t have put three Essie polishes in this post! This is in truth one of my favourites at the moment despite the opacity (or lack of). You definitely need two coats with this one!
2. Essie Mint Candy Apple is a polish I’ve had for the longest time and I love cracking it out now and again. Gorgeously minty green colour, practically opaque in one coat and the best bit? the brush is wide so a couple of swipes and I’m done.
3. Maybelline Colour Show in Lavender Lies is another new one in my stash, having received it in a birthday beauty box from a friend (so sweet!). Again I do own a Essie pastel lilac colour (I’m a bit of an Essie fan can’t you tell?) but I thought I’d give this baby an outing. It’s a gorgeous mid purple colour which is opaque in one coat, and fairly dreamy to apply!
4. Barry M Gelly Nails in Huckleberry was again picked up at the same time as Rosehip. I don’t have a pastel blue in my collection so I definitely thought I was onto a winner. Again it has the same issues with opacity as Rosehip but nothing a couple of coats won’t fix.
5. Essie Sunday Funday is probably the odd one out amongst all these pastels, but I definitely think a spring nail collection should include a coral. It’s summery and reminds you of hot sunny days, tropical drinks and sandy beaches. This one has a hint of shimmer in it too which I absolutely love. This one was part of the summer 2013 collection and if you can get your hands on it, I recommend it for definite!
What’s in your spring nail collection?