I’m a big cereal lover and more often than not eat some kind of cereal for breakfast, but what was frustrating me was that I couldn’t find a healthy nutritious breakfast without being loaded with sugar. So I decided to make my own.
The thing about my nutty granola is that it only has 3tbsp of honey per recipe meaning it works out roughly to about 4g honey per serving.
It’s also gluten free (if gluten free oats are used), high in fibre from the flaxseeds, high in protein, contains healthy fats and essential Omega-3 fatty acids AND it tastes great.
You can also swap out some of the nuts for others such as walnuts.
It tastes great with yoghurt and fruit or simply with a splash of cold milk, it’s a really great way to start the day.
- 200g rolled oats
- 25g chia seeds
- 25g golden flaxseeds
- 15g coconut flakes
- 40g raw hazelnuts
- 30g raw pecans
- 30g raw brazils
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4
- Add the oats, chia and flaxseeds to a bowl
- Roughly crush the nuts and add to the bowl
- Melt the coconut oil and add it and the honey to the bowl
- Mix together and then spread out on to a baking tray
- After 10 minutes carefully turn the granola over and add the coconut flakes.
- Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.