Sometimes we all need a chocolate fix, that's why I created these protein balls. I wanted something that would satisfy both the sweet chocolate I was craving, but fill me up until my next meal. The chocolate is so rich due to the high cocoa content and because there's so many seeds, I only usually have the one!
- 200g plain chocolate. I use 85% cocoa but try not to get under 70%
- 30g chia seeds
- 30g linseeds
- 40g ground almonds
- 30g pumpkin or mixed seeds
- 20g sesame seeds
- 30g goji berries
- desiccated coconut to decorate
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl. I usually pop it in the microwave for about a minute as it's faster and less hassle than over a pan of water.
- Add the chia seeds, goji berries, ground almonds, linseeds, pumpkin seeds and any other seeds you wish to add.
- Mix well then pop in the fridge for about 15 minutes
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture, roll between your hands (BEWARE! it's messy!) and then roll it into some desiccated coconut.
- 5. I put them in a tupperware box rather than the fridge as I think they would set up too much in the fridge but you could if you wish!