I made these beauties on Christmas eve as a present for my parents and they are a perfect present (at any time of the year), or even if you fancy an indulgent treat these are for you.
Makes: 40 Prep Time: 45mins plus cooling and freezing time
142ml Double Cream
400g Chocolate (I used a mix of dark and milk chocolate but you can use what you like)
150g Carnation Caramel
Sea Salt Flakes
about 85g Cocoa Powder
white chocolate grated (optional)
1. Pour the cream into the pan. As you can see I used single light cream and while it did work I honestly would recommend using double as I made a second batch of truffles with less chocolate and I now have an alcoholic chocolate spread.
2. Break the chocolate into squares and put in a bowl. You can add the chocolate to the pan but make sure the cream is not too hot and is off the heat or it will go grainy!!
3. Once the cream is hot (not boiling) take off the heat and either pour in the bowl or add the chocolate and stir until all has melted.
4. Meanwhile add the caramel to a pan and heat gently for about 10 minutes. Add a generous pinch of sea salt flakes.
5. Put some cling film over a plate and oil it. Pour your caramel onto the plate and pop in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or as long as you want really, it was still quite pliable after 6.
6. Put the chocolate mix into a bowl and cling and put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
7. Cut a bit of caramel using scissors, then dust your hands with cocoa powder and take a scoop of the chocolate mix. Roll between your hands and then poke a hole and push the caramel in. Squish around the caramel and re roll.
8. Toss in the cocoa powder or whatever else you’re using and then chill.